Association of Swedish IB Schools
ASIB is an organisation serving all IB schools in Sweden. The schools share a common philosophy and work in accordance with IBOs framework with regard to content and assessment.
IBOs education is divided into three programmes:
Primary Years Programme (PYP) Age Group 3-12 years
Middle Years Programme (MYP) Age Group 12-16 years
Diploma Programme (DP) Age Group 16-18 years
In Sweden, there are 39 schools fully authorised by the IBO to carry out IB programmes: 10 offer the PYP, 9 offer the MYP and 32 offer the DP.
The members of ASIB meet once a year to discuss common issues. ASIB has no employees as such but rather an idealistic working committee. Assignments circulate among the schools.
What do ASIB do?
ASIB goals are to:
- ensure that the IB programme offers a good and acknowledged alternative to the national programme
- increase internationalism in Sweden
- increase co-operation between IB schools in Sweden
- work towards a good and fair assessment of IB grades related to applications to Swedish universities and university colleges
- submit any proposials in the event of any changes in the national programme, University Chancellor (Universitetskanslerämbetet )(UKÄ) and to the Swedish Council for Higher Education (Universitet och Högskoleservice)
- act as a referring body for IBO in questions wich affect IB schools in Sweden
- act as a resource for schools interested in starting an IB programme.
ASIB can also be found on Facebook.