ASIB is an organisation serving all IB schools in Sweden. The schools share a common philosophy and work in accordance with IBOs framework with regard to content and assessment.
IBOs education is divided into three programmes:
Primary Years Programme (PYP) Age Group 3-12 years
Middle Years Programme (MYP) Age Group 12-16 years
Diploma Programme (DP) Age Group 16-18 years
In Sweden, there are 8 PYP schools, 7 MYP and 31 DP schools making a total of 38. All of these schools are fully authorised by IBO to carry out the programmes.
The members of ASIB meet once a year to discuss common issues. ASIB has no employees as such but rather an idealistic working committee. Assignments circulate among the schools.
What do ASIB do?
ASIB goals are to:
- ensure that the IB programme offers a good and acknowledged alternative to the national programme
- increase internationalism in Sweden
- increase co-operation between IB schools in Sweden
- work towards a good and fair assessment of IB grades related to applications to Swedish universities and university colleges
- submit any proposials in the event of any changes in the national programme to Swedish National Agency for Higher Education (HSV) and Swedish Agency for Higher Education Services (VHS)
- act as a referring body for IBO in questions wich affct IB schools in Sweden
- act as a resource for schools interested in starting an IB programme.
ASIB can also be found on Facebook.